Culture Club dream set list
21 May 2014
Culture Club announced a UK December tour this week with the original line-up set to take to the stage for the first time in over 15 years.
The band released four albums during their 80s heyday that includes their debut album Kissing To Be Clever (1982), Colour By Numbers (1983), Waking Up With The House On Fire (1984) and From Luxury To Heartache (1986). As well as their album, they also managed several non-album huge hit singles.
With many hits for Boy George, Mikey Craig, Roy Hay and Jon Moss to choose from we put together our ideal Culture Club set list.
1) Do You Really Want To Hurt Me – Their third single and the one that catapulted them into stardom.
2) Karma Chameleon – “Karma Karma Karma Karma Karma Chameleon”, who can resist singing along to this huge hit.
3) The War Song – It became the band’s last Top 10 of the 80’s reaching No.5 on the UK chart.
4) I Just Wanna Be Love – Culture Club briefly reunited in 1998 and this was the result; a single back in the UK charts taken from the album Don’t Mind If I Do.
5) Time (Clock Of The Heart) – Originally released as a stand –alone single but also released as the second single from album Kissing To Be Clever in North America.
6) I’ll Tumble 4 Ya – Another hit from their band’s debut but one that was most played during Culture Club’s live shows.
7) Church Of The Poison Mind – One of their many international hits.
Culture Club tour the UK in winter 2014 starting in Glasgow on 1 December 2014. The tour continues into mid-December with dates in Newcastle, Leeds, Manchester, Nottingham, Liverpool, London, Brighton, Birmingham, Cardiff and Bournemouth. They will be joined by special guest Alison Moyet.
Culture Club tickets go on general sale on Friday 23 May 2014 with presale tickets now available.