Highway To Hell ACDC covers
16 Dec 2014
AC/DC are back on tour in 2015. Here’s a look at some of the most memorable covers of their legendary track Highway To Hell.
AC/DC’s 40 year career has seen the band create rock history. It’s difficult to name all of the band’s extensive hits but one in particular remains a favourite with bands and fans alike: Highway To Hell.
The single was originally released in 1979 and served as the lead track to their album of the same name. Throughout the years the biggest names in rock, pop and Friday night karaoke have given their take on the classic song. Listen to five of the best below.
1) Marilyn Manson - As expected, Marilyn Mason put his own, very unique twist on the track. The song was originally recorded by Manson for the film Detroit Rock City.
2) Bruce Springsteen – During Springsteen’s 2014 tour of Australia Springsteen and the E Street Band played the track in multiple venues.
3) Bon Jovi – When in Australia… Bon Jovi covered the song during their 2013 Australian tour.
4) Maroon 5 – The band have been covering the single for some time during their tours with drummer Ryan Dusick on vocals. They even added it to their live EP, 1.22.03.Acoustic, in 2003.
5) Ben Haenow – 35 years on and the song remains relevant featuring on this year’s X Factor. The track was covered by winner Ben Haenow.
Finally, AC/DC showing how it should be done.
AC/DC will tour the UK and Ireland throughout summer 2015. The tour will include three shows in Glasgow, Dublin and London. AC/DC tickets are now on sale here.
AC/DC tour dates 2015
Hampden Park, Glasgow (18)
Aviva Stadium, Dublin (1)
Wembley Stadium, London (4)